viernes, 8 de marzo de 2013

Winter landscape

"Winter landscape"

Acrylic and ink on paper, 20 Aug 2008



  I usually take a camera with me while traveling. In January 2002 I had to travel through the Salamanca foggy frosty mornings, 100 miles Northwest of Madrid. I took these pictures on the way as reference for future works. Six years later I made "Winter landscape", trying to recreate those mornings, painting first the backgorund, and then drawing the trees. I added a sun to warm it up a little.

   It's interesting to see, in the middle picture below, how the tree branches are trimmed up to a certain height. That's the line where the brave bulls bred there reach to eat the leaves.






Dehesas in Salamanca, 2002


Trees, Salamanca 2002

(Digital picture after special effect filter)




If you like this blog, please share it with your friends.
Send them this link: http://neguentropics.blogspot.com.es

Your comments are important feedback - Please feel free to post them
in the box below

(Version in Spanish, see artefuturo.blogspot.com)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario